EXOM Exchange online migration powershell module
EXOM is a high-performance tool (PowerShell module) for consultants and administrators. Its purpose is to assist you in migrating mailboxes between Exchange on-premises organizations and Exchange Online (Office 365).
In doing so, INTELLITY EXOM exceeds the usual range of Microsoft standard tools and procedures by far!
Alongside a carefully planned and monitored migration of mailboxes, we are also able to offer you extensive reporting.
By request, the entire process can be accomplished before launching the migration.
- Facilitated creation of migration batches by use of single selection or *.CSV files
- Automatized assignment of licenses based on Active Directory Groups
- Backup of mailbox authorizations
- Detailed Reporting for management staff, administrators, and/or end-users
- Detailed and adaptable “Pre-Migration” checks and reports
- Checks for invalid UPNs
- Verification of e-mail addresses with the option of removing invalid addresses (e.g. ”.local”)
- Adoption of mailbox forwarding (Forwarding Address und Forwarding SMTP Address)
- Adoption of regional mailbox settings (Mailbox Regional Configuration)
- Elimination of mailbox authorizations via security groups and explicit configuration of authorization on mailbox level
- Adaptable “Post-Migration” tasks after migrating the mailboxes
- Activating Exchange Online Archive
- Establishing Mailbox Quota
- Activation/ Deactivation of mailbox features, such as POP3, IMAP, OWA, EAS, etc.
Communication is key – here is what EXOM will do for you out of the box.
- At a defined time prior to migration, EXOM sends an e-mail to the users with all the relevant project information
- EXOM notifies the user about planned migration dates
- EXOM notifies the user about migration date changes
- EXOM notifies the user about successful or failed migration
- EXOM sends information to the users about the next steps
Start the migration faster. EXOM will clean up your environment to ensure your migration runs smoothly.
- Start multiple migrations with a PowerShell one-liner
- Automated Office 365 license assignment
- Backup mailbox, mailbox folder and Active Directory permissions
- Pre-migration validation ensures that your mailboxes get migrated successfully
- Remove unwanted SMTP addresses before migration
- Resolve security groups so that your permissions get migrated even if you do not sync the whole directory
- Configure post-migration tasks. Enable an archive for every mailbox after migration or activate/deactivate some mailbox features.
- Success and error reporting
- Detailed migration statistics
- Configuration recommendations
- Special reports for managers and admins
Self service migration
Unlock your users for self-migration and let them migrate their mailbox by themselves. EXOM offers different possibilities for self-migration. Here are some examples of how our customers use the self-migration module.
- Migrate with just one click on a button in an e-mail
- Let your project managers migrate using a SharePoint list
- Multi forest & single tenant? Let your forest admins migrate without giving them permissions in Exchange Online.
EXOM is flexible and can be easily adapted to your requirements.
Only the cloud is the limit!